Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Ratings System: Buy, Rent, or Pass

Okay, after not much consideration, I feel that this simplified ratings system best keeps with the theme of our blog. Keep in mind that I am speaking solely on my behalf but to me this site is not so much about nailing down some arbitrary ratings number as much as it is here to publish simply whether or not a game is worth buying. So with my ratings, you won't have to decipher exactly what a certain number means. If I think it is worth spending money on, I will come right out and say it. If I don’t think you should waste your money, then following my review will be my suggestion to pass.

There will be some games I will suggest renting as opposed to buying or passing. This will most likely be the case if I feel the game is too easily completed but is still a lot of fun (while it lasts). Other factors (such as excellent multi-player modes) could upgrade my recommendation and in those circumstances, I will be sure to explain my reasoning.

No comments: