Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Gamers, Wii have a Problem: Defective Wrist Straps

I got online with my Wii today and I thought I should share the first message I received from Nintendo. After inspection I learned they made this announcement months back but I just now received it since I just got online. I am posting it for those who don't have their Wii on the net and therefore may not have seen this message. It seems to only concern the first Wiis bought. Here is the message:

"Nintendo has received some reports that when consumers swing the Wii Remote with the original version of the wrist strap using excessive force and accidentally let go, the cord connecting the controller to the wrist strap can break. Nintendo has made a new version of the Wii Remote wrist strap available to replace the original one used in early product shipments.

Please call (800) 859-4519 or visit http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp to determine if you need to replace your wrist strap."

No comments: